Jasper National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The charming historic town, surrounded by the majestic peaks of the Rocky Mountains, features a museum, information centre, adventure and tour companies, shopping, art galleries, restaurants, and more.
Outside Jasper you will find many gorgeous natural settings and adventures to explore including:
- Jasper Sky Tram
- Pyramid Lake
- Maligne Lake and Spirit Island
- Medicine Lake
- Miette Hot Springs
- Jasper Riding Stables
- Whitewater rafting with a local company
- Bike tour with a local company
- Hiking on local trails – ask for maps, safety tips, and advice at the information office
- Athabasca Falls
- Sunwapta Falls
- Columbia Icefields
- Mount Edith Cavell and the Angel Glacier
Please be sure to inquire at the information office for safety tips on being around wildlife, hiking safely, national park rules, and more. Local sporting stores and tour companies can help you access gear and guides to help you explore safely.
Note: Adventures explored outside the retreat program are at your own risk.